Church of All Saints

Address: Minsk, Kalinovskogo street, 121
View on Map
Get Directions

One of the most beautiful orthodox temples of modern buildings in the city of Minsk is located at the intersection of Kalinowski and All Saints streets. The height of the church - 74 meters. At the same time in the temple may be visited up to 1,200 worshipers. The first stone in the foundation of the temple-monument was laid in 1991, by the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II. In October 2008, the dome was installed on the temple-monument. In July 2010, in the crypt of the church the ceremony of burial of the remains of three unidentified soldiers who died in the battles of three wars - the War of 1812, World War I and World War II, was held.

Картинки по запросу Всехсвятская церковь (полное название - Храм-памятник в честь Всех Святых и в память безвинно убиенных во Отечестве нашем)

Картинки по запросу Всехсвятская церковь (полное название - Храм-памятник в честь Всех Святых и в память безвинно убиенных во Отечестве нашем)The temple became the main spiritual national memorial in memory of the millions of Belarusians and natives of Belarus, the dead and scattered around the world revolutions, wars, forced relocation and repression have left their homes in search of better lives. In the crypt of the church there is collected earth from the fields of all the great historical battles in defense of the Motherland, as well as the burial places of civilians, victims of the military campaigns, and repression.

Картинки по запросу Всехсвятская церковь (полное название - Храм-памятник в честь Всех Святых и в память безвинно убиенных во Отечестве нашем)

Картинки по запросу Всехсвятская церковь (полное название - Храм-памятник в честь Всех Святых и в память безвинно убиенных во Отечестве нашем)

Read More


The Temple of God's Body (Corpus Christi church)

The grandiose temple was built in 1584-1593. It was used as a church of the Jesuit monastery designed by the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni.

Saint Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk

St. Sophia Cathedral in the ancient town of Polotsk does not look like other Eastern Orthodox churches of the same name. It is one of the oldest temples constructed by Eastern Slavonic peoples and the first church built from stone on the territory of Belarus.

The Grodno Lutheran Church

The Grodno Lutheran church, which presumably was built in 1783, is still performing its function. Lutheran church in Belarus - a rarity, but in terms of architecture, the building is almost indistinguishable from an ordinary Catholic church.

Comments