Aleksander Nevsky Church

Indirizzo: Minsk, Kozlova street, 11
Visualizza la mappa
Ottenere direzioni

This church, sanctified in 1898, was built on the territory of the Military Cemetery as a memorial for the heroes of Russo-Turkish War of 1877-1878. The church is built in the tradition of Russian baroque church XVII - XVIII centuries (retrospective Russian style). This is the only Orthodox church that has never been rebuilt in Minsk and the last Orthodox church that was closed before World War II (1938). Inside the church, there is a small mobile church that Russian troops used when they fought in Bulgaria. Some icons in the church have relics of Alexander Nevsky, Saint Euphrosyne of Polack as well as Sofia of the Sluck and Jan Karmianski. The graves of Belarusian famous poets Janka Kupala and Jakub Kolas are situated nearby.

 

Read More


Catholic Church of St. Andrew

There are suggestions that the church was consecrated in the name of St. Andrew Bobola, but representatives of the Roman Catholic Church of Belarus believe that the church bears the name of the apostle Andrew.

La chiesa di Kalozha

La chiesa dei Santi Boris e Gleb, o Kalozhskaya, è una perla architettonica della vecchia Grodno, un monumento unico dell’antica arte costruttoria ortodossa del XII secolo in Belarus e in tutta l’Europa Orientale.

Catholic Church of St. Anthony of Padua

Tourists who love nature, water and tranquility, often visit Postavy. But not everyone knows that there are many places of interest here. In 1898-1904, under the direction of architect Arthur Goibel, a neo-Gothic church of St. Anthony of Padua was built here, which today is the vertical accent of the historical center of Postavy.

Commenti